How To Soothe Sun Damaged Skin
With the mercury rising up steadily, uneven tan and sunburn are immediate skincare woes that most people experience when they skip the most essential skincare ingredient – a good sunscreen (10 Best Fragrance Free Sunscreens in India). Spending even 2 minutes under the sun without a sunscreen can trigger damage on the skin, and repeated […] The post How To Soothe Sun Damaged Skin appeared first on Makeupandbeauty.com.
With the mercury rising up steadily, uneven tan and sunburn are immediate skincare woes that most people experience when they skip the most essential skincare ingredient – a good sunscreen (10 Best Fragrance Free Sunscreens in India). Spending even 2 minutes under the sun without a sunscreen can trigger damage on the skin, and repeated exposure can result in premature ageing, age spots, hyperpigmentation, and wrinkles. So, if you have been guilty of skipping sunscreen and have faced the brunt as a consequence, follow these homemade treatments to soothe sun damaged skin and redeem flawless skin.
1. Take ½ cup fresh milk and ½ cup sour cream. Mix them well and rub all over the tanned area, and leave for about an hour. This pack may cause itchiness but that’s the bleaching effect taking place. This pack will show its affect after 3-4 applications.
2. Take 2 cups of fresh milk in a bowl and 4-6 slices of white bread. Dip the bread slices in the milk and rub the slice all over the face. The yeast in the bread acts as a bleaching agent. The enzymes in milk will bring down the inflammation and soothe irritated skin. Dip a washcloth in milk and squeeze out the excess, apply it on the affected area for 5 minutes and then repeat the process multiple times.
3. Soak two cups of rice in water overnight. In the morning, make a paste out of rice by adding just a little water. Apply it all over the face and rinse off after 20 minutes. Rice water is full of vitamins and minerals, that is great for skin. It acts a nice cleanser that cleans dirt and oils from pores, and helps to reduce the size of pores. It tightens pores and makes skin smooth. It treats acnes effectively and makes skin bright and youthful.
4. Take 1 teaspoon of sugar, 1 teaspoon of salt, ½ teaspoon turmeric and one cup plain or sour yoghurt. Mix all the things and rub the mixture on the affected area. Leave this mask for 20 minutes and then wash off with plain water. Remember not to step out in the sun after doing this as turmeric will make your skin yellow and that in turn after sun exposure will make your skin dark.
5. Oatmeal is one of those few things which come in handy for removal of severe tan. Take ½ cup oats powder, ½ cup sour yoghurt and 2-3 tbsp tomato/lemon/orange juice. Mix them and scrub the skin for a few minutes with this and leave until it dries off. Then wash with plain water. This can cause a bit tingling sensation because of the acidic nature of the ingredients but nothing bothersome.
6. Cucumber + Aloe Vera + Coconut Oil: All these three ingredients are soothing and moisturizing on the skin. Take 1 tbsp of freshly grated cucumber juice, 1 tbsp of aloe vera, and 1 tbsp of coconut oil. Mix well and apply all over the face. This if done regularly will make the skin soft and supple in addition to tan removal. Do not forget to clean the skin before applying aloe vera gel. Now here’s (How To Make Aloe Vera Gel at Home).
7. Curd and Honey Pack: Mix two tablespoons of curd with 1 tbsp of honey, and apply all over the face and neck area. While honey soothes inflammation and moisturizes the skin, the lactic acid in the skin acts as a mild exfoliant and brightens up the skin.
8. Chamomile Tea Cold Compress: The anti-inflammatory and soothing properties of chamomile tea can be put to good use to treat sunburns as it will calm down your skin plus bring down the redness. Brew one or two bags of chamomile tea, allow it to cool at room temperature, and then chill it in the refrigerator. Apply it to the affected area and let it sit for 15 minutes. Do this regularly to treat sun-damaged skin.
9. Coconut Oil and Aloe Vera: Apply a thin layer of coconut oil and aloe vera mixture to the sunburnt area to repair and rejuvenate the irritated skin. It also soothes the burning skin and heals it, plus stops the skin from peeling and itching and speeds up the process of healing.
10. Frozen Bag of Green Peas: For immediate relief, pick a bag of frozen food, like green peas, to cool down the skin and relieve redness and inflammation. Applying these kinds of cool compresses regularly in the day shows a lot of improvement.
As they say, prevention is always better than cure, so never skip a sunscreen, make it your best friend during summers.