Bye Bye Blackheads with These 10 Homemade Face Packs
Transitional weather can be really tough on the skin. Since we are moving from summers to monsoons, we should change the skincare and pamper our skin with weekly face masks to avoid various skin problems. Deep cleansing pores is an imperative step towards great skin. This is because the pores can trap dirt and oil […] The post Bye Bye Blackheads with These 10 Homemade Face Packs appeared first on Makeupandbeauty.com.
Transitional weather can be really tough on the skin. Since we are moving from summers to monsoons, we should change the skincare and pamper our skin with weekly face masks to avoid various skin problems. Deep cleansing pores is an imperative step towards great skin. This is because the pores can trap dirt and oil and thereby lead to a host of skin problems like acne and blackheads. If your pores are clogged, not only are they unable to properly absorb any skin care you may use, they cannot expel the toxins and oils they have been processing. Mentioned below are few effective homemade face masks that will help you get rid of pore clogging blackheads and will help you get that smoother skin you always craved for. Sure, they’re a little more work than a premade mask, but isn’t it nice to know where all the ingredients are coming from?
Before you spend your hard-earned money on expensive products or treatments, give these simple home remedies a try.
1. Make a peel off mask by mixing 1 tbsp. unflavoured gelatin with 1 tbsp. milk in a small bowl. Stir well and make a smooth paste. Now, warm this mixture in the microwave for 10 seconds and then apply on your face and allow to dry fully before you start peeling if off from your face.
2. Combine 1 tbsp clay with 1 tbsp apple cider vinegar and stir until you have a paste without lumps in it. Spread over your whole clean face, or just the areas where you have blackheads. Allow this to dry for 15-20 minutes. Take a warm, wet washcloth and press it to the mask for a few seconds, and then slowly and gently wipe off.
3. Mix well 3 tbsp oatmeal powder, 2 tbsp yogurt, 1 tbsp olive oil and 1 tbsp lemon juice to make a smooth paste. Rub this pack over your facial skin and then let it sit for 10 to 15 minutes. Wash it off with lukewarm water and then use cool water as a final rinse to close your open pores.
4. Combine some coriander leaves and a little turmeric powder with water until you get a paste with smooth consistency. Put this mask on your entire face or on blackhead prone areas. Leave it on for an hour. Wash it off with cold water to get rid of blackheads fast.
5. Mix 1 tbsp organic raw honey with 1 tsp of milk. Heat it for 5-10 seconds in the microwave, and then mix again to blend thoroughly. When it’s a comfortable temperature, apply a thin layer over blackheads, and then gently but firmly pat a strip of dry, clean, cotton onto it. Let dry and carefully peel the strip away. Rinse with cold water and moisturize as usual.
6. Mix thoroughly 1 tbsp ground oatmeal,1 tsp orange peel powder and 2 tsp yogurt in a small mixing bowl. Apply it onto your face for 15 mins and then rub off in a gentle circular motion, focusing on the blackhead infected areas. Wash your face afterwards and moisturize as usual.
7. Whipped egg yolk applied on the skin with a few drops of lemon juice, improves the tone of the skin and reduces the pore size.
8. Mashed papaya applied on the skin helps in toning the pores. Let it stay for 20 minutes and then wash it off with lukewarm water.
9. Mash tomatoes and make a pulp. Apply it on your face and Let it stay for 10 to 15 minutes. Rinse your face with warm water and then with cold water to clean your pores. Incase you have oily skin, add oatmeal to tomato pulp. However, if your skin is dry, you can add yogurt to moisturize the skin.
10. Apply paste made from baking soda and water on your face. Let it dry for 10 to 15 minute. Wash off with cold water to remove blackheads.
A Few More Tips:
• Always use water-based skin care and makeup products instead of oil-based ones.
• Cold compresses and ice packs are ideal to close open pores on skin and keep them dirt free.
• Drink adequate water and include a large serving of fibre in your diet.
• Exfoliation is an important step as it helps to get rid of dead skin and clean pores.
• Always put on sunscreen. Too much exposure to sun actually enlarges pores which in turn make way for blackheads.
• Microdermabrasion, and chemical peel are another options for those who want quick results, and do not mind to spend to get rid of the large pores on face.
The post Bye Bye Blackheads with These 10 Homemade Face Packs appeared first on Makeupandbeauty.com.