9 Natural Ingredients that Can Be Used to Cover White Hair
This post is about some effective and all-natural ingredients that can help you cover up any grey and white strands in your hair. These are wonderful, beneficial and inexpensive options for all those who want to stay away from the chemical-laden hair colours available in the market. Let’s take a look at these all-natural ingredients […] The post 9 Natural Ingredients that Can Be Used to Cover White Hair appeared first on Makeupandbeauty.com.
This post is about some effective and all-natural ingredients that can help you cover up any grey and white strands in your hair. These are wonderful, beneficial and inexpensive options for all those who want to stay away from the chemical-laden hair colours available in the market. Let’s take a look at these all-natural ingredients that work amazingly well to cover white hair.
1. Black Tea: One of the best ways to make the hair colour black is black tea. You need to make a strong black tea decoction. Now, turn your hair upside down into the sink and rinse your hair with black tea. Let the liquid rest for at least 15-20 minutes. Now, repeat the black tea rinse at least 2-3 times on your hair. This will give you a beautiful rich dark black colour on your hair. You can also add black tea to henna powder. All you need to do is brew some black tea and then add some egg yolk and lemon juice to it. You may want to consider adding instant coffee powder to the mixture for better results. You add the amla powder too. You have your dye ready. Caution, do not forget to keep it still overnight – for like 6-7 hours, give it some time and then you have your dye ready. It will yield black hair.
2. Indigo: It’s by far the most popular co-ingredient with henna powder. But it is not as obvious of mixing the two powders straightaway for that shall render your hair brown/ reddish brown and not the auburn black streaks that you desire. What you need to do is to first apply henna and then go for indigo. To put it in simpler terms, you first apply henna powder to your hair and follow that up indigo powder after which you add lemon juice and some common salt and then at least two spoons of corn starch along with water. You put all this in a mixing bowl and then stir it properly to get the desired output.
3. Walnut shells: Walnut shells are an excellent way to dye your hair dark brown in colour. Take some walnut shells, crush them and boil them in water for about 30 mins. Once the liquid is prepared, you could apply wherever you want to dye your hair colour to dark brown. You could also apply it all over for a change of hair colour.
4. Henna: Soak some henna powder in water and set it aside overnight. You could also add some strong brewed tea or coffee to this mixture to enhance the results. Apply this mixture to your hair and scalp and leave it on for a few hours before washing it off.
5. Potato peel: Boil the peels of about 6 potatoes in water until you see the frothy starch forming. Separate the peels and collect the water that has all the starch in it. Wash your hair with shampoo and follow it up with conditioner as usual. Now, take the potato peel liquid and apply it to your hair. You don’t need to rinse it off. The starch from the potato peel adds pigment to your hair, thereby taking care of any grey strands.
6. Rosemary and sage: These herbs are great ingredients for adding a dark brown tint to your hair. Take some rosemary and sage and boil in water for about 20-25 minutes. Strain the liquid and apply it to your hair as needed. Allow this to sit on your hair for as long as possible before washing it off.
7. Coffee: Brew a strong version of coffee and allow it to cool. Apply it to your hair and let it sit for some time before washing it off with plain water. You could also add this brewed coffee to a henna preparation for enhanced results.
8. Carrot and beetroot: If you’re looking to add a red tint to your hair, then carrot and beetroot are excellent options. You could use either of these two or both together in their juice form and apply it to your hair wherever you want to add a red hue. Allow it to sit on your hair for an hour before washing it off. To make the colour last longer, you could wash it off with apple cider vinegar.
9. Curry leaves: Take some curry leaves and cook them in a saucepan along with some coconut oil. Continue heating until you see the mixture darkening. After this, allow the oil to cool and apply it to your hair wherever needed. Leave it on for an hour or so before washing it off. Curry leaves help restore the dark colour of your hair and the oil will ensure that you are left with soft and smooth tresses.
The post 9 Natural Ingredients that Can Be Used to Cover White Hair appeared first on Makeupandbeauty.com.