6 DIY Lip Masks For Soft Lips
Experts say even sun exposure and licking your lips often can make them excessively dry, coarse, and chapped. Since there are no oil glands on the lips, without proper care, they can become exceptionally dry and dehydrated. Although regular application of a lip balm can help to a certain degree, it doesn’t show great results when you […] The post 6 DIY Lip Masks For Soft Lips appeared first on Makeupandbeauty.com.
Experts say even sun exposure and licking your lips often can make them excessively dry, coarse, and chapped. Since there are no oil glands on the lips, without proper care, they can become exceptionally dry and dehydrated. Although regular application of a lip balm can help to a certain degree, it doesn’t show great results when you chapped lips. Soft, supple and naturally pink lips are a sign of good health and well being, and luscious lips can also boost your confidence when you smile. Along with applying lip balm regularly, regular exfoliation with lip scrubs and some TLC with lip masks can smooth, soft, and supple. Lip masks can do wonders for your lips. Not only do they leave your lips feeling and looking incredibly soft, they have long-term healing effects for your lips. And there’s no need to spend money buying a lip mask online or from the store, here are some amazing DIY lip masks that you can prepare at home:
1. Beetroot Lip Mask For Pink Lips: Take 1 teaspoon of sugar and add 1 teaspoon of Vaseline, mix both ingredients well. Add 2 tbsp of fresh beetroot juice to the bowl. Now, add a few drops of coconut oil. Mix all the ingredients well. This is a scrub-cum-mask which you can use to smoothen out the lips and remove dry skin, and then keep it on the lips for 2 to 5 minutes. Rinse off or wipe off with a soft tissue.
2. Glycerin and Lemon Mask: Mix one teaspoon of glycerin with one teaspoon of lemon juice. Apply it on to your lips 2-3 times a week for super soft and pink lips.
3. Lemon and Honey Mask: Mix one teaspoon of honey with half a teaspoon of lemon juice to make this lip mask. The honey will heal and soften your lips, while the lemon juice will get rid of excessive pigmentation.
4. Strawberry and Coffee Mask: Mash one whole strawberry and add 1 pinch of coffee powder. Now, add a few drops of vitamin E oil. Apply on the lips, keep for 2 to 5 minutes, and wipe off.
5. Rose and Milk Mask: Soak a few rose petals in a bowl of cold milk overnight. Take out the rose petals in the morning, crush them to form a paste, and add a few drops of the milk to the paste. Apply this on to your lips for incredible results.
6. Aloe Vera and Coconut Oil Nourishing Lip Mask: For this, you will need a little bit of fresh aloe vera gel mixed with some coconut oil or olive oil. This ultra-nourishing mixture can be used both as a lip balm and as a lip mask.