10 Healthiest Drinks to Boost Weight Loss
When you are trying to lose weight, every calorie matters and every calorie should be counted! Most often, we don’t take into consideration calories that make their way through juices, beverages, and other liquids. When you are cutting calories from all corners, it would be prudent to swap empty calories from aerated beverages, soft drinks, […] The post 10 Healthiest Drinks to Boost Weight Loss appeared first on Makeupandbeauty.com.
When you are trying to lose weight, every calorie matters and every calorie should be counted! Most often, we don’t take into consideration calories that make their way through juices, beverages, and other liquids. When you are cutting calories from all corners, it would be prudent to swap empty calories from aerated beverages, soft drinks, packaged fruit juices with these healthiest drinks that also boost weight loss. It’s wrong to assume that liquids such as fruit juices, are healthy, and would not add much calories because they are “healthy.” In fact, liquid calories, through these beverages, get easily digested, cause sharp insulin spikes, and with the subsequent crash, you would be craving for more food, and in that way, would be adding more calories to the diet. So, it’s extremely important to choose your liquids/drinks with caution because what may seem as healthy and weight-loss friendly may actually be not. On the contrary, the drinks that we mention below boost metabolism, curb appetite, prevent unnecessary hunger pangs, and facilitate weight loss.
1. Green Tea: Green tea is the most popular beverage among fitness enthusiasts and the effects with regards to weight loss and on overall health unanimously hailed by health experts. Green tea is extracted from Camellia sinensis plant and is rich in antioxidants (polyphenols), catechin (epigallocatechin gallate), flavonoids, etc. with known health benefits. The metabolism boosting properties of green tea, coupled with the correct diet helps the body to tap into fat reserves thus aiding weight loss. Compounds in green tea increase levels of hormones that tell fat cells to break down fat. This releases fat into the bloodstream and makes it available as energy. One study has shown that people consuming green tea can burn up to 100 more calories in a day than people who do not consume it at all, this is because green tea is rich in antioxidants which speed up up body’s metabolism and thus help in burning more calories.
2. Fenugreek Water: Fenugreek seeds has countless health benefits. Fenugreek seeds and its leaves are widely used across the world due to its medicinal properties. This spice is quite popular in India as methi seeds and is widely used in cooking and for medicinal purposes. Apart from weight loss, methi seeds is known for its ability to lower cholesterol levels, control diabetes, and treat various stomach disorders. Fenugreek is packed with many beneficial vitamins and minerals such as copper, iron, protein, vitamin-B-6, magnesium, manganese, and dietary fibre. It also has antioxidant and anti-inflammatory properties. Summing up, fenugreek is an all-rounder natural ingredient that is not only great for weight loss, it helps with hair growth and great skin too. Here’s the right way “How to Consume Fenugreek Seeds For Weight Loss.”
3. Lemon Water: Starting your day with a glass of lemon water is a good way to boost metabolism, get a good dose of antioxidants, and to flush out toxins that might be blocking weight loss.
4. Cumin Water: Drinking a glass of cumin water everyday helps with better digestion and in breaking up of sugar and fat molecules. To keep your gut happy and accelerate weight loss, soak 1 tsp of cumin seeds, 1 tbsp of dhania seeds, 1 tbsp of saunf, and quarter spoon of ajwain seeds in water overnight. You can also add 1 tbsp of chia seeds. This is a potent drink to clear digestive issues including bloating and gas, and also to boost metabolism.
5. Lemon Water with Chia Seeds: This is an appetite-curbing drink that only quenches your thirst, it will keep you full as well with healthy fats and fiber content from chia seeds. To make this drink, in a glass of water, add 1 tbsp of chia seeds and squeeze in one slice of lemon. You can also add grated ginger to this water to increase the fat-burning properties. Shake well and consume after 10 minutes.
6. Coffee: The caffeine content in coffee boosts metabolism and help the body burn more calories. It also acts as an appetite suppressant which means you would feel less hunger pangs through the day. But do avoid adding sugar, and drink your coffee black or with stevia leaves if you like it sweet.
7. Coconut Water: Swap your fruit juice with coconut water this summer because it is full of nutrients, electrolytes and minerals, along with enzymes that boost metabolism.
8. Black Tea: There’s another kind of tea which helps to loosen up belly fat and that’s black tea which with its high flavonoids reduces inflammation and promotes weight loss.
9. Apple Cider Vinegar: In its diluted form, ACV helps to lower body fat percentage when coupled with a weight loss diet such as on Rati Beauty app. From improving metabolism to suppressing appetite, ACV is a drink which a majority of health experts promote.
10. Coffee with Dark Chocolate: Combining a metabolism boosting drink such as coffee with antioxidant-rich dark chocolate is a good idea to boost weight loss and we do not need to nudge you to indulge in this decadent drink once in a while. Read More